- CSR COVID19 projects for REVIVE & REBUILD
CSR COVID19 projects for REVIVE & REBUILD
Virtual Therapeutic Support for Children with Special Needs During Covid
Sangamam Special School is working with children with special needs like Intellectual Disabilities, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and Autism spectrum disorder etc. The school is providing all kinds of therapies and special education towards improving physical, functional and adaptive skills towards inclusion in the mainstream society.
By regular support, children with disabilities made lot of progress in their skills. CORONO pandemic has forced us to stop all regular hands on therapy and face to face education services. Children with disabilities are facing hard time in understanding the pandemic, physical distancing and change of routine. Lack of therapies leads to loss of already required skills. Parents/Caregivers of children with disabilities have difficulties in managing children’s behavior and increasing stress on care giving.
To reach children through Telerehab services and train parents to give various therapies to their children. In addition, parents counseling and individual consultation to address their stress on care giving.
Prepare and connect children to online classes for special education classes with family members support.
The goal of this project is to improve functional independence, communication skills and promote academic learning.
- Support low income families of children with disabilities with dry ration and nutritional supplements.
- Raise awareness among the families about COIVD safety methods.
- Individual consultation with parents to address their issues relating to the child with disability as well as the therapies followed.
- Train parents on specific therapies suitable for their children.
- Train children with disability to attend individual special education sessions with the support of their caregivers.
- Group counseling to motivate parents and form parents support groups.
- To distribute dry ration and nutritional supplements to children that require the support.
- To distribute COVID kit for families of children with disabilities.
- To conduct virtual physiotherapy, occupational therapy and communication/speech therapy sessions for children with disabilities.
- To conduct individual virtual self care and special education training sessions.
- To organize online parents training.
- To organize group counseling to parents by tele counseling method.
- To conduct assessment and evaluation to monitor the progress.
- To give face to face caregiver guidance program through home visits.
- To supply essential medication for the children that are under regular medication.
Duration: 8 Months.
Direct: 54 children with disabilities.
Indirect beneficiaries: Families of 54 children with disabilities
Total Cost: Rs.22,53,804; Cost per beneficiary: INR 41,737