From Nursery to Higher Secondary school:
12th Standard students in our inclusive Siva Saraswati Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School have successfully passed out in the exams held in March 2019, recording 100 percent success since its up-gradation to 12th Standard. There is a feeling of triumph in the fact that our intellectually challenged student, who joined our Sangamam School for special children ten years ago, has scored 446/600. She was a topper in her 10th Standard exams too. This is a boost to our pursuit of inclusive education.
|2010 - 2020 Students details|
|Total students (nos.)||Differently abled students (nos.)||Yearwise breakup|
|High School||3503||302||Click Here|
|Primary School||2301||248||Click Here|
|Nursery School||1891||34||Click Here|
Education for Empowerment:
As part of our educational initiatives we also have
- Special Study Centre for IGNOU and Alagappa University for distance education.
- Tied up with Rehabilitation Council of India to offer Diploma courses on rehabilitation of disabled.
The purposes of the above programs are:
- To academically empower youth with disabilities in an integrated environment leading to degrees & diplomas.
- To offer skill development opportunities.
- To identify and develop persons with entrepreneurial aptitudes and social orientations with capacity building inputs.
- To build capacities in persons already engaged in social sectors and to bring out educated and empowered people – both disabled and non-disabled for the benefit of society.
The courses offered in IGNOU & Alagappa are:
- BSc (CS)
- MSc (CS)
- Other Diploma & Certificate courses
Amar Institute of Rehabilitation Science
We have got approval from RCI for running the following 3 Diploma courses. The courses offered are:
1. DECSE (MR) - Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education (MR)
2. DCBR - Diploma in Community Based Rehabilitation
3. CCCG – Certificate Course in Care Giving
Every year an average of 10-15 men & women graduate from this course and offer their services in the community to differently abled.
Training for various skills
Vocational training is offered depending on the physical and mental capabilities of the person in appropriate sections. We are offering the following vocational trainings:
1. Notebook Making
4. Handicrafts/Toys making
7. Home Appliances services
8. Cell phone services
9. Gold Appraisal services
Click here to know more about the training programs...
Job Placement Cell
English and help the students’ job placements as well.
Courses offered are:
Vocational Training for Persons with intellectual disabilities
- Letter identification, word matching, word formation
- Painting, MS Word and Ms Excel